Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Strawberry Milkshake Cupcakes


As the sunny days from August start dwindling down to cooler mornings I figured it would be nice to give strawberry milkshake cupcakes a try before jumping into all things fall oriented. That and I was having a poopy kind of day. No reason in particular, really, just that it was that kind of day and my mom suggested we bake together so I ran to the store and got the ingredients needed and came home to find she had already started on some oatmeal cookies herself. The recipe comes from a book called "The Cupcake Bible" which just has the cutest little cupcake ideas. I'm not sure if it was because I'm a bit rusty with recipes but it felt like I took all afternoon! From making the cupcakes to filling the pan to making the actual filling and then the frosting-pheew! Granted, my frosting didn't turn out as beautifully applied as the frosting from the origional picture but it was definitely an afternoon adventure! That's ok, though, because the strawberry flavored greek yogurt filling inside tasted amazing and after all we're constantly told that it's whats on the inside that matters, right? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment